Embellishing lamp shades is a simple and thrifty way to spruce up any room. We’ve seen shades with a variety of frill– from lace to feathers. Last year, Ingrid took her plain bedroom lamp shades and wrapped them in twine to create a whole new look. The simplicity of this project is perfect for a three step Thursday! Inspired by our vintage thrift store lamp, we added inexpensive flowers to this simple square shade.
1. Take any simple lamp shade and find the perfect accessories
2. Use hot glue to adhere the embellishments to your shade
3. Put the lamp together and enjoy your new creation!
We put the spray paints aside for this week’s installment of TST. A few weeks ago, while perusing through the children’s books at a new thrift shop, we found some classics we couldn’t pass up. With a few projects in mind, we decided to try our first idea on Three Step Thursday. This project reflects our three favorites: simple, frugal, & unique. Create a gorgeous gallery wall in a nursery or kid’s room, and inspire children to see the beauty of written words…
“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond”
1. Select your frame and picture book
2. Measure and trim the edges of the page to fit your frame
3. Using double sided tape to adhere, align the paper and put the frame back together.
We managed to take a plain jar from ordinary to vibrantly vivacious in three easy steps! We found these adorable little animals in our craft supplies and transformed two jars with only spray paint and hot glue. Check out our new candy jars! We also think it’s a great “back to school” gift idea- perfect for those special hardworking teachers…
1. After cleaning jars, spray paint tops and any small plastic toy
2. Once jar top and plastic toy have dried completely, place a small amount of hot glue to bottom of the toy and adhere to lid.